Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How to hook up my original xbox to xbox live.?

I want to hook up my original xbox to xbox live so i can play halo 2. I have a modem. No ethernet cord because i don't know which one i need to buy. So can some one please help me out.How to hook up my original xbox to xbox live.?
They don't sell activation cards for the original xbox anymore. Last year I wanted to set up my original xbox to xbl, and we couldn't find any cards (you buy them, then type the code in on your xbox) at any stores. So naturally, we checked ebay. Bought one, the guy emailed the code, it worked fine. Other than online, I don't know where you can get them.



Now, ethernet cables. I'm pretty sure you can use any one. You might have some lying around somewhere. You might also need a router. It allows you to hook up multiple computers (or an xbox) to your modem at the same time. I'd recommend going to an electronic store and getting them to help you figure things out.



So, if you have the hardware, (router, cables, tv, xbox, computer, modem) an activation code, and a credit card, things should work alright.



Hooking up an original is much harder than hooking up a 360 to live. 360s come with pretty much everything you need, and in all honesty, it's probably a much better idea to get a 360. Instead of paying for live on an original, I'd save up and buy a 360 and Halo 3 (which kicks major ***:) . You can still play Halo 1 and 2 on the 360, and download the map packs in order to play.



I hope this helps you. If you've got questions, I'd recommend the xbox site. Good luck.How to hook up my original xbox to xbox live.?
just get a regular cat6 ethernet cord and connect it from the port in the router to the port on the xbox

No comments:

Post a Comment