Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can you transfer an xbox live account back and fourth between an xbox and xbox 360?

I have an xbox 360 in my bedroom and an original xbox in my living room. Can I take my one xbox live account and transfer it back and fourth between the two systems? My xbox live account is on my 360, so if I transfer it to my original xbox, will it damage the account in any way if I transfer it back to my 360.Can you transfer an xbox live account back and fourth between an xbox and xbox 360?
Taking an Xbox 360 profile and putting it onto an original Xbox can most definitely damage at least the profile, and most likely the system. The Xbox can't figure out the achievement part , along with the recently played games, and most of the rest of the profile after it's played on the Xbox 360. This can cause corruption of the profile and possible crashing and possibly even bricking the Xbox.Can you transfer an xbox live account back and fourth between an xbox and xbox 360?
I am pretty sure that you cannot go on Xbox Live using the Original Xbox but you can try that. Of course you can transfer your accounts but it will take some time. Transfering Live account is called recovering your gamertag. If you have a lot of gamerscore on your account, it will take some time.



It will not damage anything on your Xbox's- that is if you can transfer onto Xbox Original.

NOTE: You must have Xbox Live on both of your consoles!



How to recover gamertag:



1. Sign out from all of your profiles. The fastest way to do this is to press the Xbox Guide button, press X, and select Yes, sign out.

2. Select Recover Gamertag.

3. Follow the directions on the screen.

4. When you're finished, your profile will be downloaded from Xbox LIVE to your console and you'll see your avatar in the Sign In area. You're good to go!



Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment