Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Can I connect an Xbox to Xbox Live by plugging the ethernet cable from the Xbox into my laptop which is online?

Hi,



I am thinking about getting an xbox 360 but i dont want to worry about buying a network adapter for it. I have a laptop that is connected to my wireless network. I was wondering if it is possible to plug the ethernet cable into the Xbox then to the ethernet port on my computer.Can I connect an Xbox to Xbox Live by plugging the ethernet cable from the Xbox into my laptop which is online?
Im not totally sure on your questions since I think it may be phrased wrong. Basically you want to hook your xbox up to your laptop in order to get on xbox live correct?



You can do it! Just follow these steps(they are basically the same for both XP and Vista.)



1. Attach Ethernet cable to back of Xbox.

2. Attach other end of cable to your laptop.

3. Go to your start menu on your laptop and look for your network connections.

4. Go to show all connections.

5. select both your wireless connection and the LAN connection that is going to the Xbox.

6. Right click on your wireless while you have both selected and click "bridge connection " or "share connection"

7. Turn on your Xbox and play.Can I connect an Xbox to Xbox Live by plugging the ethernet cable from the Xbox into my laptop which is online?
Yes you can actually. You will need to bridge the connections and set up Internet sharing.

It is fairly complicated and I have never fully been able to get it work due to low MTU's. I suggest Googling for the steps.Can I connect an Xbox to Xbox Live by plugging the ethernet cable from the Xbox into my laptop which is online?
yh i do the same only difference being i use a wireless desktop.all you do is right click your wireless connection in network connections and share it.a hand sign on the wireless connection icon will show its being shared.good luck
  • burger shop
  • pizza games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment