Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Can i connect a Ethernet cord to my computer witch has a wireless adapter then get internet for my xbox?

Hi i wanna connect my xbox to xbox live but i need to wire it and i have a computer that i can connect the ethernet cord too and then get internet from my router and still have xbox live?Can i connect a Ethernet cord to my computer witch has a wireless adapter then get internet for my xbox?
The router will have ethernet ports. Use one of them to connect your xbox to the router.Can i connect a Ethernet cord to my computer witch has a wireless adapter then get internet for my xbox?
Nope. Your computer probably won't be able to share your internet connection with your xbox. Reason being that to share it, it'd need two different network cards. You will have to wire the xbox to the router.Can i connect a Ethernet cord to my computer witch has a wireless adapter then get internet for my xbox?
Follow the instructions provided

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314066
Yes.

http://www.wikihow.com/Connect-to-Xbox-Live-Through-a-Wireless-PC

That is but one of MANY sites that tell you how to do this. Just google "connect to xbox live with my laptop/PC".

Though in my opinion a wired connection would be best. If you have an actual router it should have multiple ether-net cable ports and you can connect the xbox AND the PC. If it is just a modem or a router with only one ether net port you might try getting an additional ether net port for you PC. You can either get a PCI card for internal mounting or a USB ether net adapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment